Advances in gynaecology and specifically, the field of fertility preservation and restoration can only happen if backed by an evidence-based approach applying scientific rigour. This is essential to continue to push clinical boundaries and evolutionise the way healthcare is currently given. We have more than 20 years of experience in the field of academia, with over 200 publications in numerous medical journals. In addition, we have presented at over 300 national and international conferences, both as accepted and invited speakers. We are closely allied and hold Honorary Posts at Imperial College London and are currently supervising several PhD degrees between ourselves. Our current research programme includes the following projects:
- 1 Specialized, integrated and focused care
- 2 Evidence based approach relying on current research and up-to-date science
- 3 Service proposed exists nowhere else in the UK or beyond
- 4 Latest cutting edge operative and imaging techniques
- 5 Surgery performed with an aim to treat disease & simultaneously preserve and/or restore fertility
- 6 Focus on women between the age of 18-44 who still have fertility potential
Please feel free to talk to us about any of the above. We are always happy to hear suggestions, critiques, and ideas. If you are a gynaecologist (or trainee) yourself and would like to get involved with a project, we look forward to hearing from you. Alternatively if you are interested in funding medical and specifically gynaecological research, please visit our donation page on the following website for further information www.wombtransplantuk.org.
You can visit our page on http://www.imperial.ac.uk/department-surgery-cancer/research/reproductive-developmental-biology/clinical-themes/fertility/ for further information and to find our research contact details.